Epic Games announced recently that the Guided Missile would be returning to Fortnite. Lo and behold, content update v5.10 is now available and brings a new limited time mode centred on explosives. Because of course, it does. Slurp Juice is also re-enabled, for what it’s worth.
The full patch notes can be seen below, but in a nutshell, the Guided Missile now has a fuse duration of 15 seconds, down from 18 seconds. Movement speed has also been reduced from 1100 to 1000, and reload time has been increased to 2.4/2.2. Structure damage has been reduced to 400 (down from 1100) and player damage is reduced to 74/77 (down from 105/110). The Guided Missile also has “no regard for line-of-sight” when damaging structures, so keep that in mind.
As for the new limited time mode, it’s called Fly Explosives and provides Jetpacks with increased fuel regeneration and decreased burn, ensuring you’ll spend more time in the air. The mode only contains explosive weapons, with rocket ammo capped at 120, so you’ll be spending time flying through the air and taking foes down with explosives. Of course, if that isn’t your thing, then Playground also returns as a limited time mode with some changes. You can check out the full patch notes below, as provided by Epic.
LIMITED TIME MODE: FLY EXPLOSIVES
This mode combines the explosive fun of the High Explosives LTM and the vaulted Limited Time Item Jetpack. Take to the skies and blast everyone else back to the lobby!
- Only Explosive Weapons can be found in this mode.
- Floor Loot spawners will occasionally spawn Jetpacks.
- Fly Explosives Jetpacks have increased fuel regen rate & decreased burn rate compared to Default Jetpacks, to keep pilots in the sky a bit longer.
- Between-storm wait times have been reduced due to players needing less time to find adequate loot (avg. match length should be lower than 20m).
- Rocket Ammunition capped at 120.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode.
LIMITED TIME MODE: PLAYGROUND
- The Vaulted Jetpack has been enabled for the duration of the Fly Explosives LTM.
- Guided Missile has been enabled.
- Consumable Healing Item spawn rates have been normalized by lowering Chug Jug & shield spawn rates.
- Bandages have been removed.
- This is to raise the chance of spawning healing items that get players to full health & shields.
Nameplates will no longer appear for members of the opposite team.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
Guided Missile returns!
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Fuse duration reduced from 18 to 15 seconds.
- Movement Speed decreased from 1100 to 1000.
- Reload time increased to 2.4/2.2.
- Reduced player damage from 105/110 down to 74/77 damage.
- Reduced structure damage down from 1100 to 400.
- Explosions now damage structures with no regard for Line of Sight.
- Guided Missile can also be controlled via keyboard using the default movement inputs.
The issues with Slurp Juice have been fixed and it can once again be looted in-game.
iOS players will have a larger than normal update to download (2gb).
SAVE THE WORLD
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Spyglass Sniper Rifle added to the Weekly Store
- An accurate, high-powered, scoped sniper rifle with a single round per magazine that kicks like a mule.
- Available Wednesday, August 1 at 8:00 PM ET until Wednesday, August 8 at 8:00 PM ET.