Epic Games’ Fortnite was down for maintenance today, but servers are now back up. The latest content update v5.0 is also available, and it adds two new weapons, one for Fortnite: Battle Royale and the other for Save the World.
Battle Royale players have the Submachine Gun to play around with. The Tactical SMG has been sent to the Vault, so the SMG is your best bet for close range fights. Available in Common, Uncommon and Rare varieties, it uses Light ammo and has a capacity of 30 rounds.
Save the World players have access to the Typewriter Assault Rifle in the weekly store. It will be available from now until July 25th, 8 PM EST and offers mid-range damage with a high capacity magazine. The recoil is tough to deal with but it should be good for killing groups of enemies at close range.
If that weren’t enough, Fortnite: Save the World is currently 50 percent off from July 17th to July 30th. Though it will go free to play at some point, it’s not a bad time to get in on the Minecraft-meets-zombie-horde-defense PvE mode.
Check out the full notes for the content update below, as provided by Epic.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Submachine Gun added.
– Available in Common, Uncommon, and Rare variants.
– 19-21 base damage.
– Uses Light Ammo.
– 30 round capacity.
– Can be found in floor loot and chests.
- Tactical SMG has been added to the Vault.
- Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle damage increased to 75/78 from 63/66.
SAVE THE WORLD
- 50% OFF SALE!Purchase the game for half off for a limited time.
- Starts July 17 and ends July 30.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Typewriter Assault Rifle added to the Weekly Store.
– A mid-range assault weapon with a high capacity magazine and a lateral kick. Its shooting profile makes it ideal for clearing groups of nearby enemies in mobile engagements.
– Available Wednesday, July 18 at 8 PM EST until Wednesday, July 25 at 8 PM EST.