Famitsu has released the data for software and hardware sales in Japan for last week, and it was a pretty uneventful week, all in all. Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut was the biggest new release of the week, and it’s sold somewhat decent figures for an extended re-release. The PS5 version sold over 13,700 units in fifth place, while the PS4 version, in seventh place, sold over 10,000 units.
Technically, Ring Fit Adventure has taken the top spot, with over 17,000 units sold, but with PS5 and PS4 sales combined, Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut is the highest selling game of the week. Meanwhile, various evergreen Switch exclusives like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Super Mario Party can also be found in the software charts.
On the hardware side of the things, the Nintendo Switch is still the best-selling console, having moved over 72,000 units across the week. The PS5 follows in second place, trailing by quite a large margin, having sold over 12,000 units.
You can check out the full software and hardware charts for the week ending August 22 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 17,656 (2,772,950)
- [NSW] Yu-Gi-Oh! Rush Duel: Saikyo Battle Royale!! – 16,742 (113,039)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 15,756 (3,995,095)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 15,385 (2,139,193)
- [PS5] Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut – 13,745 (New)
- [NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! – 13,581 (2,336,531)
- [PS4] Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut – 10,224 (New)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 8,870 (4,389,399)
- [NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – 8,212 (857,492)
- [NSW] Super Mario Party – 6,810 (1,970,823)
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales):
Nintendo Switch – 72,527 (89,732)
PS5 – 12,638 (9,056)
Xbox Series X/S – 5,782 (1,256)
PS4 – 943 (1,170)
3DS – 522 (539)