After a long wait, Santa Monica Studio’s God of War Ragnarok is finally releasing tomorrow for PS4 and PS5. Of course, there’s a day one patch which contains several fixes, but those concerned about spoilers be warned: It contains the names of quests, creatures, and abilities.
In terms of fixes, several cases of dialogue not playing from shopkeepers or even repeating too frequently have been fixed. Situations where stories would be incorrectly interrupted or dialogue prioritized incorrectly should also be fixed.
Cinematics not playing during certain quests or a story beat not occurring when backtracking during a quest has been fixed. There were also issues where the dialogue and subtitles wouldn’t play if one restarted from the last checkpoint during a cinematic, which should no longer be the case.
For more details, check out some of the patch notes below and the full patch notes here. Be warned again: There are spoilers for quest names, abilities, and creatures. For more details on God of War Ragnarok, check out our review here. You can also check out our technical analysis here.
Day 1 Patch Notes [v. 02.00]
- Fixed several cases where dialog would not play from shopkeepers.
- Fixed a case where shop dialog would repeat too frequently.
- Fixed several cases where stories would be incorrectly interrupted.
- Fixed a number of situations where dialog was incorrectly prioritized, causing minor dialog to play instead of critical dialog.
- Fixed a case where puzzle hint dialog would interrupt and block quest dialog during the quest “Across the Realms.”
- Fixed a case where the companions would direct the player to stun enemies that could not be stunned.
- Fixed a case where Mimir gave incorrect instructions to use a relic item.
- Fixed a number of locations where dialog could play out of order, causing repeating dialog or confusing conversations with the companion.
- Made adjustments to dialog timing to make conversations sound more natural.
- Fixed a case where the cinematic did not play when entering the office in the quest “The Quest for Tyr.”
- Fixed a case where a cinematic did not play during the quest “The Lost Sanctuary.”
- Fixed a case where backtracking during the quest “The Lost Sanctuary” caused a story beat to not occur.
- Fixed several cases where dialog and subtitles would not play if the player restarted from last checkpoint during a cinematic.
- Fixed a case where dialog and subtitles would not play during the quest “The World of Fate.”
- Fixed a case where contradictory dialog will play during the quest “The World of Fate.”
- Fixed a case where a story beat would not occur during the quest “The Summoning.”
- Fixed a case where the wrong conversation could be triggered during the quest “The Realms at War.”
- Fixed a case where the characters were in the wrong position after restarting a checkpoint during a cinematic in the quest “The Realms at War.”
- Fixed a rare case where stories would not play after completing the quest “A Viking Funeral.”
- Fixed a case where stories would play during the quest “The Weight of Chains”, interrupting quest dialog.