Grim Dawn Patch Update Introduces New Shattered Realm Content, New Legendary Sets
20 new areas and three new Legendary Sets have been added to the end-game activity.
Crate Entertainment is moving on from Grim Dawn to work on its next project – a city-builder called Farthest Frontier – but has one more update for the action RPG. Update V22.214.171.124 introduces new content to the Shattered Realm, namely 20 new areas and four new Shattered Guardian’s Domains. It’s also added three new Legendary sets to The Forgotten Gods loot pool.
These sets can only be earned from the Shattered Realm on Ultimate difficulty so it’s a fitting pursuit for hardcore players. Interestingly, the update also fixed an issue with four music tracks that were present in the game but not playing. One should now here them properly, nearly two years after The Forgotten Gods released.
The Shattered Realm has also seen some fixes and changes. Damaging scaling and Offensive Ability for monsters increased at 70+ Shards while the timer penalty for dying also scales “much more” aggressively. On the plus side, bosses won’t engage players immediately unless they get closer. Numerous other changes are included for items, abilities, Devotions and so on so check out the full patch notes here for more details.
[Major New Features]
- The Shattered Realm’s fractured reality reveals new secrets. 20 new areas have been introduced into the Shard pool, including 4 new Shattered Guardian’s Domains.
- The Shattered Guardian Set has received a visual update to make its splendor even more impressive. For those that preferred that old appearance, it is still available as a cosmetic option from the Splendors of the Shattered Realm vendor.
- Three new Legendary sets have been added to the Forgotten Gods loot pool, 12 items in total. These sets are available exclusively in the Shattered Realm on Ultimate difficulty.
- Increased monster Offensive Ability and Damage scaling at Shards 70+
- Boss aggro behavior has been changed and their spawn positions have been updated in higher shards. Bosses now do not engage until you get closer. It is now possible to avoid pulling all bosses in a Shattered Guardian’s Domain without resorting to camera exploits.
- Fixed an exploit involving rotating the game camera to dramatically reduce the aggro radius of nearby enemies.
- Timer penalty for dying now scales much more aggressively with shards.
- Carnage bonus for the Timer now starts lower but scales more aggressively with chain kills. The max time between kills is now also slightly shorter, meaning the bonus will be a little harder to execute.
- Timer bonus for slaying Hero monsters has been reduced by 1s.