Kingdom Hearts 3
Publisher: Square Enix
Developer: Square Enix
Platforms: PS4, Xbox One
The permanent top spot resident has finally ben dethroned.
If you’ve been following the weekly charts by Famitsu for the most highly anticipated upcoming games, as voted by their readers, then you probably know that Final Fantasy 7 Remake has been a permanent fixture at the very top spot for a long, long time. There were a few weeks before the launch of Monster Hunter World when it replaced the upcoming remake, but other than that, it’s had a pretty strong hold on the position.
In the latest weekly charts, though, it has been replaced by Kingdom Hearts 3, with both of them swapping positions and Final Fantasy 7 Remake dropping to number 2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate remains placed at third position, while Resident Evil 2 features in the charts once again at number 5.
Bayonetta 3 is back in at ninth place, with Code Vein following it right behind at number 10. Persona Q2, meanwhile, is in sixth position, and Warriors Orochi 4 is at number four. You can view the full top 10 below. All votes were cast between July 26 and August 1.
1. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III – 689 votes
2. [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake – 607 votes
3. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 544 votes
4. [PS4] Warriors Orochi 4 – 322 votes
5. [PS4] Resident Evil 2 – 320 votes
6. [3DS] Persona Q2 – 307 votes
7. [PSV] Romancing SaGa 3 – 289 votes
8. [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV: The End of Saga – 262 votes
9. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 254 votes
10. [PS4] Code Vein – 252 votes
Thanks, Nintendo Everything!