NEOWIZ and Round8 Studio have released a new update for Lies of P, their recent Souls-like action RPG, easing the difficulty in certain aspects. Certain field monsters have had their HP reduced while the chance of breaking the stance of some monsters has increased (in addition to the stagger frequency).
If you found it annoying trying to destroy Dimensional Butterflies, then good news – the HP for all three types has been reduced. The drop rate for Ergo items, Moonstone type items and Ergo rewards from certain monsters popping up after Lorenzini Arcade has also increased. Perhaps the biggest change is that several bosses, like Simon Manus, Arm of God and the King of Puppets, have seen nerfs.
Those looking for different ways to respec their character can now visit the Gold Coin Tree, which allows for resetting their level, P-Organ and Legion Arms. The amount of gold coins required for the same has also seen adjustments. Check out the full patch notes below.
Lies of P is available for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5 and PC. Check out our review.
Update Notes Version 22.214.171.124
Decreased the HP of certain field monsters
- Increased the chance of breaking some monsters’ stance and the frequency of stagger
- Increased the staggerable window time
- Decrease the HP of all 3 types of Dimensional Butterflies
Adjusted the rewards for some monsters
- Increased the drop rate of Moonstone type items
- Decreased the drop rate of Star Fragments
- Increased the drop rate of Ergo items
- Increased the Ergo rewards of certain monsters that appear after Lorenzini Arcade”
Boss Monster Balance Changes
- Decreased the HP of ‘Fallen Archbishop Andreus’
- Decreased the HP of ‘King of Puppets’ in the first phase
- Decreased the HP of ‘Simon Manus, Arm of God’
- Decreased the damage of ‘Simon Manus, Awakened God’
- Increased the chance to break the stance of ‘Simon Manus, Awakened God'”
Increased the Specter’s HP and damage
System Changes Related to the Character Progression Reset
- Added the feature to reset the character’s level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms at the ‘Gold Coin Tree’
- Characters created after this patch will now receive 8 Gold Coin Fruits instead of 5 for their first harvest
- Adjusted the required amount of gold coins to reset the character’s level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms
- Players will now be able to carry more weight for each point spent on Capacity
- Decreased the weight of Amulets that could be purchased with Boss Ergo
- Players will now be able to land attacks better when they use fable arts that consume three or more slots. (includes Fable Arts that stack)
- Successfully performing the Fable Art ‘Guard Parry’ will now break the monster’s stance
Now supports the DUALSHOCK 4 & DualSense controllers on Windows OS devices
- After today’s update, if the DUALSHOCK 4 & DualSense UI does not appear properly please follow the steps below.
1. Steam Library -> Right Click Lies of P -> Properties -> Controller
2. Disable Steam Input
** The DUALSHOCK 4 & DualSense controller’s touch pad can be used to open the menu
- Fixed a bug with the Legion Arm ‘Pandemonium II Acid Charge’ rarely not working properly.
- Fixed a bug that the Legion Arm ‘Pandemonium’ consumed only Legion guage while using Grindstones
- Fixed a bug that Geppetto’s face to flicker in the cutscene after defeating the ‘Nameless Puppet’ with Graphic Quality Presets Low
- Fixed a typo of Carlo Collodi in the End Credits. (We sincerely apologize to Mr. Collodi and that was not a lie!)