We’re officially in the hype phase of things for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII from Square Enix. Famitsu’s follow-up report on the same has been revealed, and many interesting details regarding the game’s time system, battling and much more have been detailed.
Here’s the Cliff’s Notes of the same:
– Tetsuya Nomura did indeed design Lightning’s new costume
– Lightning can change costumes, including colors, throughout the game
– When out in the field, time is always moving. It stops when you cycle through menus.
– Locations and actions of NPCs can change throughout the game
– Some information can only be obtained at specific times
– Lightning is riding solo for this adventure.
– The “Style” component saves weapon and shield choices, accessories, abilities which can then be switched while fighting. These same styles can be customized as seen fit.
– Tentative combat name is “ATB Amazing” (seriously?). Also apparently gives the feeling of multiple characters fighting, even though it’s only Lightning. Perhaps a hint at the scope of power the fine lady possesses?
– You gain points for efficient use of time and items
As of now, Lightning Returns has no official release date but is confirmed for PS3 and Xbox 360.