The latest entry in the never-ending American football franchise, Madden NFL 21, is currently ongoing. It was the first game in the series to release for Sony and Microsoft’s new consoles that launched last year, and may be crossing over with SpongeBob SquarePants, apparently. Like most games nowadays, there is an element of constant updates to it as well, and the next looks to tackle elements of the AI.
In their latest blog post, EA detailed some changes that are coming to Franchise Mode. They want to address an issue that some have had with the AI in regards to drafting. Specifically, they want to make the process it goes through for drafting Quarterback picks more logical. They have a set of new rules they plan to impose, which you can see below, or read in full through here. There’s also more minor tweaks to Commissioner Mode.
Madden NFL 21 is available now on most major platforms. The update detailed here will come to all platforms, including next gen versions, at a later date.
- Their current starting QB was a 1st round pick in the last two Drafts
- Their current starting QB was a 2nd/3rd round pick in the last two Drafts
- And has a Normal Dev and 72+ OVR
- And has Star or higher Dev trait
- Their current starting QB is a 94+ OVR
- Their current starting QB is 87+ OVR and 32+ years old
- Their current starting QB is 74+ OVR and < 29 years old
- Their current backup QB is a Star or higher Dev Trait and < 28 years old
Lastly, if a team’s current starting QB is over 35, the team will consider drafting a replacement.