A new update is available for Camelot’s Mario Golf: Super Rush which adds new playable characters – Koopa Troopa and Ninji – and two new courses for free. The new courses in question are Spiky Palms and Blustery Basin – check them out in the update trailer below.
Each character is fairly unique in their own ways. Koopa Troopa’s Special Dash allows for freely changing the direction of movement and can be used to dash on water. Hitting other players will increase acceleration. Ninja, who has the highest Speed in the entire roster, can glide with his Special Dash and his Special Shot will knock away other balls while bouncing.
As for the new playable courses, Blustery Basin is snow-themed and has Snow Pokeys, Cooligans as a new obstacle and blizzards which result in stronger winds. Spiky Palms is desert-themed and has regular Pokeys, Spikes and rain that reduces shot travel. Update version 3.0.0 also allows for changing the CPU Skill with options like Amateur, Pro and Champ, and adjustments have been to Ranked Matches. For more details, check out the patch notes here.
- In Online Play, for the options “Standard Golf” and “All at Once,” if a player fails to hole-in within one minute after all other players have holed-in, they are treated as if they’ve given up—as is the case in Speed Golf.
- Fixed a bug in Golf Adventure’s XC Standard Round that appeared to allow players to take a route other than crossing to the other side with a tornado when “Restart from First Hole” was selected.
- Fixed a bug in New Donk City’s Amateur placement on Hole 13, where if a player had gotten a hole-in-one after hitting the parasol, one stroke would be added to their score.
- Adjusted some collision detection for buildings and other objects placed in New Donk City.
- Adjusted CPU behavior for New Donk City.
- Fixed a bug where animation and voice weren’t matching-up during the ranking display for Ranked Matches.
- Fixed a bug where Daisy’s voice and animations weren’t matching up when she hit a bogey.
- Made several other fixes, and adjustments to game balance to improve enjoyment and playability.