Famitsu has released the data for video game software and hardware sales in Japan for the week ending July 21, and it’s been a weird one. Nintendo’s major new Switch exclusive release, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order, managed to make it into the top 10, but saw a tepid debut overall. Selling just a little over 9,400 copies, the game debuted in sixth place in the charts. As per recent reports, the brawler has been performing better than expected in the United States, but it seems it isn’t catching on with audiences in Japan very well.
Super Mario Maker 2 has dropped down to second place, selling over 46,000 copies. The top of the charts is occupied by Konami’s new release, Professional Baseball Spirits 2019, which has, frankly, over-performed quite a bit. The PS4 version of the game sold over 175,000 copies during the week, slotting right into first place, while the PS Vita version of the game took the third position with sales of over 44,000 units. Meanwhile, Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball, another baseball game by Konami, is still in the top 10 as well. Kingdom Come: Deliverance finally launched in Japan, and it entered the charts at fourth place with a little over 13,000 copies sold.
On the hardware front, the Switch, though leading the pack yet again, has seen a drop of about 10,000 units in sales from last week, selling a total of over 45,000 units throughout the week. Meanwhile, the PS4 moved over 13,000 units (base model and PS4 Po sales combined).
You can check out the full software and hardware charts below.
Software sales (lifetime sales)
01. [PS4] Professional Baseball Spirits 2019 – 175,189 / NEW
02. [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 – 46,065 / 380,142
03. [PSV] Professional Baseball Spirits 2019 – 44,270 / NEW
04. [PS4] Kingdom Come: Deliverance – 13,058 / NEW
05. [NSW] Yo-kai Watch 4: We Are Looking Up at the Same Sky – 9,608 / 232,399
06. [NSW] Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order – 9,424 / NEW
07. [NSW] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball – 9,074 / 114,672
08. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 8,782 / 3,167,386
09. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 7,905 / 2,372,564
10.. [NSW] Minecraft – 7,439 / 852,499
Hardware sales (last week’s sales)
Switch – 45,596 (55,823)
PS4 – 13,484 (10,941)
Xbox One – 121 (50)
3DS – 2,517 (2,361)
PS Vita – 315 (179)