Mass Effect 3- Retaliation DLC pack adds plenty to the multiplayer
Welcome back, Collectors…
BioWare’s announced several details on Mass Effect 3’s upcoming multiplayer DLC, Retaliation. The pack adds Collectors to the game as enemies, and has other additions such as map upgrades, new class kits, new weapons and more.
Here’re the full details on the DLC as given by the devs:
- New “Hazard” Versions of Existing Maps – Wage war across six maps as a regular rotation of Firebases will be introduced to different hazards and traps. Survive the onslaught of Acid, Lightening,Meltdowns,Sandstorms, Swarms and Whiteouts!
- New Deadly Enemy Faction – Prepare to face off against the Collector Praetorian, Scion, Abomination, Trooper, and Captain. Reports have also come in that Cerberus has enlisted the Dragoon to their ranks and the Geth are deploying new Drones to the battlefield.
- New Unlockable Weapons – The Collectors have also brought deadly new weapons to the fight: the Collector Assault Rifle, Sub-Machine Gun, and Sniper Rifle. Unlock these weapons and new equipment upgrades to build to your arsenal.
- New Class Kits to Unlock – A host of new characters have joined the war to fight this new threat, including the Turian Havoc Soldier, Turian Ghost Infiltrator, and more added as the weeks progress.
- New Powerful Upgrades – Outfit your weapons with three new ammo modifications and fortify your gear with five unique upgrades to defeat even the toughest foes.
- New Multiplayer Challenge Feature – Think you are the best soldier in the Alliance? Make sure to track your progress in the new “Challenges” database. Complete various multiplayer assignments and feats of strength to unlock titles and banners to display in-game, and then compare your progress against your friends.
The Retaliation DLC pack releases on October 9 for the Xbox 360 and PC via Xbox Live and Origin, October 10 for PS3 in Europe and October 9 in North America via PSN. You need to have the new Mass Effect 3 patch to download this DLC.