Metro Exodus Ranger Update is Live, Adds New Game Plus
Iron Mode and developer commentary via special tapes in levels are also available.
Out of nowhere, 4A Games has announced that its first major update for Metro Exodus is now live. The Ranger Update brings a number of improvements and bug fixes, but more importantly, it adds New Game Plus for those who have already finished the game. The update is 6 GB in size, with separate patch notes for the PC and console versions.
You can check out some of the main points below, but New Game Plus is arguably the headliner. Players will start off with the weapons and attachments from their last playthrough. Armor and Wrist upgrades don’t carry over, however. Furthermore, players can expect many more challenges with only one weapon slot, no crafting in the Backpack available, human enemies having an additional level of armor, and so on.
If you’re craving an extra, extra level of challenge, there’s Iron Mode, which disables saving and only lets you save between levels. Interestingly enough, developer commentary is also available with this update. You’ll find it in New Game Plus itself via special tapes, which see the development team members discuss that area’s design.
New Game +
- On completion of the campaign, you can now re-play in New Game+ mode, granting access to all weapons and attachments unlocked through prior play-throughs.
- New Game + also allows to you to adjust a range of variables to create your own personal and uniquely challenging experience, and comes with new Achievements / Trophies. More details below…
- Available through New Game +, enabling Developer Commentary allows you to find special tape players on which members of the 4A Games team discuss some of the design choices that went into making Metro Exodus in that area.
Improved Controller Responsiveness
- While the Hotfix changes were already well received, we’ve added a 4th Controller Sensitivity Preset with more tweaks to sensitivity, improved aim assist, and better ‘dead zone’ per platform.
Platform Specific Improvements and New Features
- We’ve added Mouse and Keyboard support for Xbox One, further improved RTX and DLSS support on PC, Dual Shock Controller Light support for PS4 and many more.
General Performance, Balance and Gameplay optimisations
- A raft of improvements across the board that improve the overall gameplay experience based on bugs reported, desired polish, and direct feedback/feature requests from the community, including things like a Volume Slider specifically for VO, and more.
Crash / Bug fixes and improvements
- We’ve fixed numerous crashes – some from your descriptions, and some from the crash dumps you have submitted to us. We’ve only listed a few below, but you should expect a big improvement to stability in this update. Thank you for continuing to help us out!
Full Ukrainian localisation added
- We’re proud to offer Metro Exodus fully localized for Ukraine, the country where 4A Games was born.