Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 finally came out, and was quite the marvel. The game say widespread critical acclaim, in no small part due to the game’s incredible technical achievement. But, unfortunately, like a lot of things on the cutting edge of its respective technology, there were also more than a few issues. Microsoft even compiled a list of them with known workarounds they will update, and you can see that here. But the game is setting up for its first major official patch soon, and we got the notes ahead of time.
We don’t know exactly when the patch will drop, only that it will be next week. It’ll tackle a variety of issues, such as stability issues that have lead to crashes, the installation process being blocked, no longer downloading deleted content, issues with Simconnect, proper currency display, and a host of others. You can read the full notes through here or see them below.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is available now on PC. We’ll let you know when the patch drops and how much space you’ll need when the information becomes available.
- The title will no longer crash when different input devices/peripherals are disconnected
- The title will no longer crash when the TBM 930 package is deleted
- The install process will no longer be blocked after a partial decompression of a package
- The install process will no longer be blocked when a local user account includes non-ASCII characters
- The install process will no longer be blocked after a failed connection to servers
- The install process will no longer display an empty onboarding screen under certain conditions
- The title will download a critical missing/deleted package to access the main menu even if the save data preference is set to offline (when an internet connection is available)
- The title will no longer automatically download packages that have been deleted through the content manager
- The content manager will no longer get stuck in an infinite loading state when checked offline
The Creator name of the packages should now be properly updated
- Significant FPS drop when using Simconnect should no longer affect the experience
- The performance of the title has been improved when the Display name plate option is set to active
- The correct currency is now properly updated in the marketplace