Minecraft Aquatic Update Phase One Now Available
On Xbox One, VR, iOS, Android, and Windows 10.
The Aquatic Update for Minecraft is now available at long last- at least, a part of it, and for some devices. Phase One of the update, which brings the first wave of the promised Aquatic features (with the remaining features coming in a Phase Two update, in case that wasn’t clear), is available now on Xbox One, Windows 10, iOS, Android, VR, and Mixed Reality. It will also be available on the Switch on Jun 21, when the Bedrock version of Minecraft finally launches on that platform.
The non-Bedrock versions of the game- standard PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, and Nintendo 3DS- will be getting this update shortly as well, with it being the final update released for the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, and PS Vita versions of the game.
As for the specifics of what this update entails, exactly, you can check out the full patch notes for it for yourself below.
FULL LIST OF PHASE ONE FEATURES
- Fish (salmon, cod, pufferfish, tropical fish)
- Bucket of fish
- Coral (coral, coral fans, coral blocks)
- Kelp, Dried Kelp, Kelp Block
- Dolphins (follow boats, get a boost swimming next to them)
- Blue Ice
- Nine Ocean Biomes (frozen, deep frozen, cold, deep cold, lukewarm, deep lukewarm, normal, deep normal, warm)
- Underwater Ravines & caves
- Sea grass
- Sea pickle (w/ illumination! Up to 4 in a block – only light up underwater)
- Treasure chests (in ruins, shipwrecks)
- Treasure Map
- Buried Treasure
- Heart of the Sea in buried treasure chests (non-active)
- Trident enchantment
- Stripped Logs
- Buttons, Trap Doors, Pressure Plates with variation
- Carved Pumpkins
- Floating Items
- Boat Polish (smoother control)
- 8 new achievements
- Water has a completely new look and increased visibility while underwater
- Prismarine Stairs and Slabs
- New swimming animation while sprinting in water
- Minecraft: Education Edition Chemistry features can now be enabled under Cheats! For tips on getting started, check out the Chemistry Lab Journal