Capcom recently updated its list of Platinum Titles, which indicates games that have sold over one million units in their life-span. It revealed updated sales numbers for a number of franchises in the process. Monster Hunter World currently sits at 14.1 million units sold while Resident Evil 7: biohazard is at 6.8 million units sold.
Resident Evil 2, a remake of the 1998 PS One classic, is at 4.7 million units sold while Devil May Cry 5 managed to sell 2.7 million units. Monster Hunter World: Iceborne was reported to have shipped 2.8 million worldwide on October 29th and is now confirmed to have sold the same. Of course, there are a number of other first-timers to the Platinum Titles collection.
Okami HD, Mega Man 11 and Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection all managed to sell one million copies since launch. Capcom recently reported that it would work on more franchise revivals and remakes following the success Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry 5. We’ll see if this opens the door to new titles for Okami, Mega Man X and Dino Crisis in the coming years. In the meantime, check out Capcom’s top ten best-selling games till date below.
- Monster Hunter World: 14.1 million units
- Resident Evil 5: 7.5 million units
- Resident Evil 6: 7.4 million units
- Resident Evil 7: biohazard: 6.8 million units
- Street Fighter 2: 6.3 million units
- Resident Evil 2 (1998): 4.96 million units
- Monster Hunter Freedom 3: 4.9 million units
- Resident Evil 2 (2019): 4.7 million units
- Monster Hunter Generations: 4.3 million units
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: 4.2 million units
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)