Mortal Kombat 11 Gets Major Balancing Update And New Brutalities Ahead Of DLC
Some new things come in time for the first DLC character.
We have a pretty good idea of which characters are going to be DLC for Mortal Kombat 11, with the first being Shang Tsung, who’s right around the corner. Ahead of that, it seems NetherRealm Studios has released a big balancing update to the game.
As is often normal in fighting games when new character are re-released, it usually comes with rebalancing of the previous fighters. Nothing jumps out as a major buff or nerf for any of the characters for this particular update. We have a list of general gameplay fixes below. For a full list of changes to your favorite characters, check the game’s official page here. As an added bonus, several new Brutalities have also been added, though none are detailed as of yet.
Mortal Kombat 11 is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC. The first DLC character will release June 18th to season pass owners and a week later to everyone. There’s no release schedule for the rest of the DLC additions, though you can also decide for yourself if Bruce Campbell is being straight with us or taking the piss about Evil Dead‘s Ash Williams not being in the game.
General Gameplay Adjustments
- Move list corrections
- Improvements to AI logic
- Fixed several rare online desync causes
- Fixed minor visual issues related to some Brutalities
- Removed a rare crash that could occur after a Quitality
- Fixed an issue that cause users to lose controller functionality when trying to record an AI command after pausing the game with very specific timing
- Trying to Practice Reset while waiting in a KOTH lobby will no longer sometimes reset twice in a row
- Added an Easy Krushing Blows option to Practice Mode’s Practice Options which will bypass most Krushing Blow’s conditional requirements
- Added Random Hidden option to Practice Mode AI Options’ Playback Recording Slot selection
- Added several new Brutalities for players to discover
- Added Variation info to the pause menu and some multiplayer online loading screens
- Added Kombat League online game mode. Season I (The Season of Blood) starts on June 18th
- Ranked Sets (only available when a Kombat League season is not active) are now a first to 2 match set
- Fixed a rare bug that could cause players to be locked out of the armory after getting the Spear
- Removed the ability to get out of bounds of the environment under certain circumstances
- Removed a rare crash when exploring the Krypt after playing several hours of Towers of Time
- All Skeleton Key Gates will now reward some currency when opened
Towers of Time
- Adjusted the difficulty of some starting towers on some tower platforms
- Added new Boss Fights & rewards
- Added new Tower Platform rewards