Famitsu has released the latest weekly data for software and hardware sales in Japan, and it was a pretty uneventful week, all in all. NEO: The World Ends with You was the biggest new release of last week, but it’s seen a rather disappointing debut in Japan where sales are concerned (similar to its UK debut sales).
The PS4 version of the game topped the charts, but sold only over 18,000 units, while the Switch version came in at No. 10 with over 9,000 units sold. Collectively, the game sold a little over 28,000 units last week. In comparison, the original The World Ends with You sold well over 80,000 units on its Japanese debut when it launched for the DS back in 2007.
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles is another new release, which comes in at No. 3 with over 14,000 units sold. The numbers aren’t very impressive, but it’s worth noting that where the duology is a completely new release for Western markets (where the two games were never localized until now), for Japanese audiences it’s a re-release, with both Great Ace Attorney games having been available on the 3DS for years.
On the hardware front, the Switch is once again the highest selling console with over 62,000 units sold, while the PS5 comes in at second place with over 22,000 units sold.
You can check out the full software and hardware charts for the week ending August 1 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [NSW] NEO: The World Ends With You – 18,799 (New)
- [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD – 18,620 (220,351)
- [NSW] The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles – 14,460 (New)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 13,914 (2,087,501)
- [NSW] Crayon Shin-chan: Ora to Hakase no Natsuyasumi – Owaranai Nanokakan no Tabi – 12,342 (142,476)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 12,225 (3,944,450)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 11,678 (2,721,949)
- [NSW] Game Builder Garage – 9,839 (191,175)
- [NSW] Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin – 9,524 (195,328)
- [PS4] NEO: The World Ends With You – 9,248 (New)
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales):
Nintendo Switch – 62,865 (69,738)
PS5 – 22,641 (18,114)
Xbox Series X/S – 1,802 (4,684)
PS4 – 1,209 (1,685)
3DS – 358 (491)