An absurdly long patch.
PlanetSide 2, the popular MMO first person shooter game developed by Sony Online Entertainment received a massive patch earlier today. The official patch notes which include very detailed information about the extent of the changes totals in at over 10,000 words long. The patch update focuses on game performance and the user interactive experience, as well as several fixes to the actual in-game combat experience.
Here is a sampling of the patch notes taken from the full list:
• Esamir Object Optimization. We optimized the number of unique objects, overall object count, and polygons per object on Esamir. This will give players the same environment based performance increases they see on Indar.
• Physics Optimization – We have changed the way we simulate various aspects of the server and client to more efficiently process players and vehicles in the game.
• Client Memory Optimization – Animations have gotten some serious work to reduce their overall cost without reducing quality. Many per-player animation costs are reduced for players at a distance.
• Additional client crashes fixed.
• UI – Optimized dynamic image loading and processing to reduce GUI advance spikes ( eliminates over 50% of the intermittent 4+ms spikes we were seeing )
• UI – Optimized data processing on the loadout pages
The update should be live at this time.