On both the Xbox One and PC, Rare has successfully rolled out patch 1.0.5 for their pirate simulator Sea of Thieves. On top of general bug squashing and stability fixes, the new update brings some changes to UI and performance enhancements.
The patch has fixed weapon slot and spawning bugs that have plagued players for awhile, and specific quests involving some spooky, scary skeletons not spawning. Many instances of strange text have been rewritten and some elements such as the ammo crates have been moved on ships for ease of use.
In addition to the patch notes, the developers are teasing new cosmetics to come to the game soon, which Gamingbolt will report on when they launch. We’ve included a snippet of the full patch notes below, but if you want to dive into the briny depths of what’s changed, you can find the full text on the game’s site right here. Are you still sailing the high seas? Let us know in the comments below.
- New Message from Beyond – The Ferryman was unhappy with the text that had been written describing how to ‘Scuttle’ a ship, so he made them write a better version – and then walk the plank.
- Reload! – Adjusted position of the Ammo Crates on both ships, so they are easier to interact with.
- Play the next song! – Players will no longer play the same shanty twice in a row.
- UI Improvements – Images in the Vanity & Clothing Chests now load gracefully when browsing. In addition all UI screens now fade in when opened – Fancy!
- Resolved issues where Skeleton Fort or Bounty Quest Skeletons failed to spawn correctly.
We have been resolving these spawning issues across the last 2 updates (1.0.3, 1.0.4), however with this update (1.0.5) we have now resolved all known reported spawning issues. If you find any further problem islands, please log a Support Ticket noting the island and we will investigate further.
- Players will no longer be stuck with a single weapon slot and players weapon choice will now also persist across sessions.
Players who were experiencing the Single Weapon Slot issue will now be resolved as soon as they load into game. No more early visits to the Ferryman required!
- Ships will no longer ping up into the sky when sinking.
In loving memory of the sky ships. This was our favourite!