The Last of Us new details revealed; less linear than Uncharted and one player adventure
We have some new details from The Last of Us, courtesy of the Spanish website Vandal.net. We have accumulated most of the interesting things we found below.
It seems that you will control Joel, and not Ellie throughout the game and Naughty Dog hasn’t mentioned anything about co-op yet.
Rough translation below:
- You will control Joel throughout the game.
- Adventure that revolves around the relationship between Ellie and Joel.
- One player adventure. (No news of online mode – coop mode)
- They’re show a scene in which Joel is teaching Ellie how to shoot a gun (but the Dogs said that they’re not sure if the scene will appear in the final version of the game or not).
- A game centred in the relation of the two main characters (Joel & Ellie) and not on the infected.
- Face animations and expressions will be done by hand.
- It is still not known which is the relation between the protagonists.
- In order to add more tension, more realism and nerve to the cinematics, it is being tried to imitate a style of “camera in hand” , something that we already saw with spectacular results in the film “Children of the Men”.
- It will be a game less linear than Uncharted, with exploration elements.
- Ellie will be played by actress Ashley Johnson.
- Narrative which promises to be especially careful, very ambitious, and revolutionary.
- We have a third enemy other than the infected & other survivors: Mother Nature.
Tell us what you think in the comments section below.