We recently reported that Pokemon Legends: Arceus had enjoyed an impressive debut in Japan, selling over 1.4 million units within three days of its launch. The full sales charts for the week in the region are now in, courtesy of Famitsu, and it’s no surprise that the recently-released Switch release is on top of the charts.
In second place is another fellow Switch exclusive (one of several in the top 10) with Mario Party Superstars, while yet another recent Pokemon release, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, taking No. 3. Beyond that, with the likes of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at No. 4, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at No. 5, and Animal Crossing: New Horizons at No. 7, there’s plenty of other Nintendo first party games in the top 10.
On the hardware front, the perennial seller Nintendo Switch is once again the best-selling console for the week with over 99,000 units sold over the week. The PS5 trails behind it by quite some margin, having moved over 23,000 units in the same period.
You can check out the full software and hardware sales charts for the week ending January 30 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [NSW] Pokemon Legends: Arceus – 1,424,657 (New)
- [NSW] Mario Party Superstars – 19,169 (833,192)
- [NSW] Pokemon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl – 14,951 (2,483,102)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 13,064 (4,400,203)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 12,986 (4,739,797)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 10,663 (2,496,078)
- [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 8,695 (7,166,966)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 7,733 (3,059,839)
- [NSW] Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain – 7,127 (2,307,549)
- [NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! – 6,749 (2,5814,176)
- Nintendo Switch – 99,078
- PS5 – 23,339
- Xbox Series X/S – 1,696
- PS4 – 11