PS Vita Firmware 1.66 now out
Sony has replaced the borked 1.65 firmware for the Playstation Vita which was released yesterday. If you managed to download that, don’t worry, your Vita won’t be bricked. The firmware just affected the Ad-Hoc mode of the system.
The new firmware is also 97 MB and you can read the patch notes over here. It’s the same as the last firmware but doesn’t break stuff, obviously, or does it?
Here are the update notes:
- The [System Music] setting in Settings > [Sound & Display] now affects BGM in PS Store, near and Sign-Up screens as well as the Home menu.
- When searching for location data, users now have the option to ‘Retry’ and ‘Cancel’ when a failure occurs.
- A progress bar is introduced for application installation.
- A direct link to PlayStation Store is made available for new applications that users may discover on near.
- Users can now update data at any time within near, provided they are within the same location.
- The display time of notification alerts has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Functional improvements have been made in the following games and applications: Unit 13, Gravity Daze, near.
Tell us what you think in the comments section below.