Today we bring you the latest rumors and news for next generation consoles: PS4 and Xbox 720.
First up. Bethesda are looking for programmers to work an unannounced game on future-generation consoles. A job listing at Gamasutra states the following:
- At least 5 years of game development experience with multiple titles shipped
- Extensive experience programming and optimizing for the Xbox 360 and PS3
- Experience with DirectX 11 a plus
- Passion for making GREAT games, and being part of a GREAT team
- Ability to contribute innovative ideas towards all aspects of game development
- Must create amazing things with minimal oversight
- Experience playing Bethesda Game Studios games a plus
On the other hand, Creative Assembly are looking for a programmer to work on an Alien game for current and future generation consoles. The listing states the following requirements:
- A good BSc degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as maths, computer science or engineering.
- Experience of game development on 360/PS3/PC platforms.
- Fluent in C++.
- Demonstrable, in-depth understanding of low latency, low bandwidth multi-player techniques.
Earlier this week we had reported that Xbox 720 is already in production stage. According to a report it is confirmed that Microsoft’s next-gen system is indeed under development at Flextronics in Austin, Texas. Flextronics manufactures the current Xbox 360 and other devices for Microsoft.
That’s it for today.
Stay tuned to GamingBolt for more news and updates.