A Sony spokesperson gave some details on the release day PS4 update. The update, titled version 1.5 will be available on the release day of the PS4 and will include some entirely new features that are not currently a part of the console. The update will take up approximately 300 MB of space. Let’s take a look at what it will entail.
- Remote Play: Players will be able to wireless play PS4 games sitting in their living rooms on a PS Vita by use of the PS4 Link. As of now Sony is anticipating that most PS4 titles will function on VITA via Remote Play.
- Second Screen: Once Remote Play has been activated, gamers will then have the option of using the PS4 Link app on their mobile devices to use them as a second screen for whatever game they are playing, and utilize some functionalities of mobile devices, such as the camera.
- The ability to record game play, take screenshots and upload pictures and videos seamlessly.
- Live game play broadcasting: Via the use of Twitch and Ustream, players will be able to live broadcast, or live spectate their own or the game play of their friends.
- A Play As You Download feature, which will quell the rage of many a digital download gamer.
- Multi Log-In: With this addition, up to four different users will be able to log into the PS4 at the same time. They will be able to add trophies and achievements to their own respective profiles while gaming.
- Party: Party is the new term for voice chat, which, with this update will allow for up to 8 players to partake.
- Face Recognition and Voice Commands: Gamers who choose to utilize the PlayStation camera will have the option of logging into their profiles by using facial recognition instead of the controller.
- Background Music: Now, using the new background music player, players can add their own soundtrack to games, playing their own music as they progress.
- Online Multiplayer
- Blue Ray Disc and DVD Player
Source: PlayStation Blog