PS4 is yet to be announced, but we may have our first details on the system courtesy of the German PSMS3 magazine. (Via Thegnet) It’s reported that the PS4 won’t be named straightforwardly and it is due to Japanese culture which believes the number is not good and stands for something bad.
It could be Orbis, a Latin name to complement the Vita, which also has a Latin name. However, only time will tell whether Sony will go ahead with the current format of naming their system or do something entirely less like the Vita.
In the leaked details for the system we have a lot of information that you should definitely take with a grain of salt because they’re so weird. Some of them make sense, some don’t but check it out for yourself.
Check out the details below.
- The code name of the console is – as reported – currently Orbis and could perhaps later be part of the final name.
- Second Games of the first generation will look like the high-end PC demos on watchdogs and Star Wars 1313 or Square Enix’s Luminous tech demo.
- PS4 demos to be shown by Sony at E3 2013th
- Third PS4 games will not run well at 4K ‘Ultra HD’ resolution.
- The standard resolution of the PS4 should be at 1080p and 60 fps.
- If 4k can be used, then probably only for videos.
- Used games are not readily run on the PS4.
- Sony is planning certain protections in the PS4, including perhaps an online pass or something similar.
- The memory should be at 4GB to 8GB
- The PS4 will probably have 4GB of memory, but in the end could have 8GB: If the Microsoft Xbox 360 successor have 8GB memory, then Sony would be put under pressure and should follow suit.
- 16GB flash memory are planned.
- The PS4 will not be backwards compatible with PS3 games.
- Games need to be registered to PlayStation Network account.
- The paid premium service PlayStation Plus will be an important pillar of the PS4.
- Every PS4 should be shipped with a PS Move compatible controller and camera.
- Classic games will be available via cloud gaming (Gaikai).
- “In-Game” Advertising is to keep on the PS4 collection.
- The console will use an AMD Accelerated Processor (4 cores). The chip carries the code name “Liverpool” and is produced in a 28-nanometer process.
- The PS4 will cost about EUR 400 to EUR 500 in Europe, where Sony has here probably expect to lose.
- Sony has not commented or confirmed the information.
What do you guys think about this rumor? Let us know in the comments section below.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)