A LOT of changes in this new build.
Bethesda has made a lot of changes to Quake Champions, and they are apparently eager to share the newest build of the game with players. Chief among those changes will be the fact that you can actually play it at any time that you want, which is… well, yay, I guess?
That apart, though, there are actual, legitimate changes to the game’s mechanics, which you can check out for yourself in the extensive patch notes below. Three more maps will be playable, which is undoubtedly the highlight.
There was a new video for Quake as well, which you can also see below. And remember to stay tuned to GamingBolt for all the coverage and information coming from E3.
B.J. Blazkowicz added to the Champion roster!
• Dual Wield (Active)
BJ calls for back-up and answers his own call. Double [censored] weapons, BJ takes turns firing them in rapid succession to lay down some heavy fire, but he will burn through some serious ammo to do so.
• Regeneration (Passive)
BJ can regenerate any damaged health inside one 25 HP block, if he doesn’t receive damage for 3 seconds.
• 100 / 100 HP
• 25 / 50 AP
• 310 -> 560 ups
• Customizations includes 3 outfits and 1 vanity item.
• New weapon added – The Tri-Bolt!
o The Tri-Bolt fires three bolts armed with timed explosives. Each bolt fires in quick succession, allowing the user to concentrate or spread the fire as needed.
– Lockbox added — a new Ithagnal themed arena for Sacrifice, Team Deathmatch, and Deathmatch
– Blood Run added — a new Volkerh themed Duel arena
– Corrupted Keep added — a new Goroth themed Duel arena
– Party with friends to play private matches on the arena and game mode of your choice!
– Party Leaders can pre-configure teams in the Match Lobby by dragging players between pillars.
– Start Match button will be disabled if the amount of players present is lower than required
– Start Match button will be disabled in Duel mode if players don’t have 3 Champions available
NEW Spectator Mode:
• Spectator mode added within Custom Game!
o Invite friends to your party and drag them to the Match Lobby Spectator Box to allow them to spectate the match.
o Spectators can toggle camera modes between players, rooms, and free-float by pressing [L. SHIFT].
o Players can cycle through players or rooms with [LEFTARROW] and [RIGHTARROW] or by pressing - number keys for specific players or rooms.
o Spectators can press [X] to toggle x-ray outlines to see players locations through walls to help follow the action.
Main Menu UI:
• Added Tutorials section.
• Updated Loot Box Store
• New Shader Customization preview icons (now correctly matching their patterns)
• We have added the first three videos in our series of Beta Tutorials – “Welcome to Quake Champions,” “Health, Armor, & You: Controlling Your Stack,” and “Power-Ups: Turning the Tides of War.”
• These videos are currently accessible by clicking the Movie icon on the Main Menu.
• New initial spawn points in Duel for Ruins of Sarnath
• Adjusted item placements on all maps affecting all modes
• Fix for not being able to pick-up armor shards or the Soul until only after their bounce animation ends
• Added new music set for the Dimension of the Doomed (Goroth themed maps: Burial Chamber, Corrupted Keep)
• Added music set for the Netherworld (Ithagnal themed maps: Lockbox)
• A party of more than two players may enter a Duel lobby. The Start Match button is not disabled if the extraneous players remain present on the pillars instead of being moved to Spectator. Players who are still stuck on the podium after two Duel players are selected will be presented with an error message that you’ve been “kicked from the match.” Upon receiving this error, you will need to restart the client to continue playing.