Rainbow Six: Siege Maintenance Scheduled For Today, Operation Health Outlined
Maintenance to last an hour.
Ubisoft’s Rainbow Six: Siege will have see maintenance for its servers today. It will take place at 9 AM ET for PS4, 10 AM ET for Xbox One and 11 AM ET for PC. Each platform will see maintenance for an hour or so.
There will be a “rank reset” during maintenance to prepare for the Operation Health initiative. This is Ubisoft’s big plan to improve the “overall Rainbow Six: Siege experience”, introducing several quality of life changes. The overall plan for patch 2.2.1 can be seen below in greater detail.
There will be several issues addressed in patch 2.2.1 and if not, then in patch 2.2.2 instead. More specifics will be provided in the coming weeks along with information on when patch 2.2.1 will launch for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.
What are your thoughts on the Operation Health initiative? Let us know in the comments below along with your overall opinion of Rainbow Six: Siege since launch.
Rainbow Six Siege 2.2.1 Priority List
One Step Matchmaking
- We are focusing on the testing and implementation of One Step Matchmaking. We are currently testing this on the TTS.
- Our level design team will be taking a pass on all maps to correct various bugs/glitches.
- Our technical team will be reviewing the layers of code that are leading to game crashes. This will provide you with a more stable playing experience.
- Currently being tested on the Technical Test Server, the hit box refactor is continuing to under-go further testing prior to being deployed to the live build of the game.
- We have seen the community’s frustrations regarding spawn killing, and our level design teams will be taking steps to mitigate the locations where this is still possible. To be clear, spawn killing is when a Defender is able to kill you within seconds of spawning. Running towards the objective and dying for not using cover is not considered spawn killing.
Join in Progress
- We do not intend for players to be placed into Ranked matches that are already in progress. We are also going to be working on the various bugs encountered by people when they join a match in progress in Casual.
Defuser issues (audio, planting, destroying)
- Interaction with the Defuser is not always fluid and intuitive, and sometimes does not work as intended. We will be doing a pass on the Defuser as a whole to address these issues. The various Defuser issues will be worked on throughout the entirety of Operation Health.
- Glaz will be receiving some attention. Stay tuned for details!