Red Dead Online – New Free Roam Event, Showdown Modes, and More Out on February 26th
PS4 players will receive early access to the new Jawbone Knife, Open Target Races, and much more.
Rockstar’s Red Dead Online will be receiving some new modes and weapons on February 26th. Not only that, but PS4 players will have early access to some new content. Returning players can also take note – there’s currently 20 percent bonus XP gain on all activities until next week’s update. You can expect more promotions similar to Grand Theft Auto Online to be rolled out weekly.
As for the new update, it brings a plethora of activities. There’s a new Free Roam Event called “Fool’s Gold”, which sees players fighting over a suit of Golden Armor. Eliminate the one wearing the armor to earn points and don the armor yourself to score more points by killing enemies. Fishing Challenges are also coming, which task players with catching the biggest haul of fish possible.
Three Showdown Modes – Up in Smoke, Spoils of War, and Plunder – are also inbound. Target Races have also been announced, which see players shooting at targets while riding on horseback to clear checkpoints. PS4 players can access Open Target Races, which involve hitting the most targets in an open space, as well as the Jawbone Knife, new clothing options, and new emotes early.
Check out all of the planned features below.
- Fool’s Gold Free Roam Event – Players will compete to control a suit of Golden Armor. Fight to take down the armor wearer to earn points and claim it as your own, then turn the tables and earn points for kills while wearing the armor.
- Competitive Challenges: Fishing Challenges – Fishing Challenges are broken out by type, opt in to the challenge and you’ll receive all the equipment necessary to compete including the rod as well lures and bait specific to the challenge type. Bait includes crickets, crayfish, and worms. Catch the highest weight total of fish to win. During these challenges you will remain safe from the nuisance of “trigger-happy outlaws.”
- Three Showdown Modes – Players and teams compete to capture and deliver bags, steal loot from each other and survive. Stay tuned for more details around Up in Smoke, Spoils of War and Plunder. Races will also see a new variation with Target Races where players shoot targets from horseback to pass checkpoints as they race along a track to the finish line.
- B.D. and Co. is turning out the high grade, high capacity Evans Repeater rifle. The Rare Shotgun is D.D. Packenbush’s latest variation of the powerful double-barreled longarm. Sporting an antique style faded brass finish and an artfully adorned stock. Both weapons will be available via the Wheeler & Rawson Catalogue and local Gunsmiths.
New Clothing and Emotes
- A wide range of new clothing will be made available, including the snake adorned Diamondback Hat and the fur trimmed Rutledge Vest. Expect plenty of new Outfits, Jackets, Boots, Coats, Gloves, Hats, Vests and more. In addition to all the clothing that will be available for purchase, keep an eye on the shops and the Catalogue for special items that will come and go. A variety of new Emotes is also on the way – featuring everything from greets to reactions and taunts.
PS4 Early Access Content
- In addition to new Target Races, PlayStation 4 players will have early access to Open Target Races where you compete in an open space to take out the most targets on horseback. PS4 players will also get early access to the Jawbone Knife, a unique melee weapon with a handle artfully carved from the remains of a slain animal’s jaw, as well as a range of new clothing options and three new Emotes.
Bonus XP This Week
- Play the Red Dead Online Beta all this week to earn 20% more XP on all activities ahead of the launch of the February 26 update. New bonuses, giveaways, promotions and content updates will be coming weekly.