Among all the chaos that is E3, we’ve met with Harmonix behind closed-doors to see some new information related to Rock Band 3.
Here’s a rundown of what you can expect on third main game in the series.
- 83 songs out of the disc.
- Over 2000 songs available totalling all the games and the Rock Band store by the game’s release.
- 7 players making up the band.
- 2 Guitars
- Midi Keyboard
- 3 on vocals
- Overshell feature enables drop-in/drop-out of players at any time playing from anywhere.
- New way to manage the Music Library allows you to select multiple options to remove from your list of songs any of these that don’t think your selected criteria. Want to only play only 80s songs that are heavy metal and you don’t want your Rock Band 1 tracks to be included? That’s no problem. The list is fully customizable.
- You can rate songs after playing them. Rate them low and they’ll be removed from your play list.
- Three games in one
- Party Shuffle Mode – Step right in play mode when you have guests home
- Campaign/Career mode
- Road Challenges – Multiplayer bite-size career mode you can clear in an evening
- In career modes, you can now save and share set lists.
- You can change a song’s difficulty at any time while you’re playing it.
- “Pro Mode” for guitar and keyboard has you playing with an actual real six strings guitar or uses all the keys on the keyboard. This mode works on all difficulty levels and the game offers a trainer to help you get started.
As you can see, Harmonix has put a lot of work in this new version of Rock Band and included features you wouldn’t even dream of adding to the game. The Pro mode is surely going to revolutionize music games as real musicians won’t be able to laugh at you anymore for playing plastic instruments!