Sea of Thieves Patch 1.0.2 Released, Notes Inside
Rare brings more booty to Sea of Thieves.
Those living the pirates life of Sea of Thieves are finding that the game that initially got walloped for being rather barren and empty is getting iterated on rather quickly, with another new patch launching for the game to fix some issues.
First of all, sunk ships now respawn well outside of the view of the ship that sank her, which should curb some griefing habits that some players were exhibiting. Players will also now have to drop treasure before a mermaid can teleport them back to their vessel.
In addition to the above, geometry issues and matchmaking bugs are now fixed. The whole patch notes are just below for your perusal. In addition, the team shared several known issues and offers some workarounds for some of the more annoying problems. You can see the full patch notes with those workarounds at this link.
- Ship respawn distance – When a ship sinks, we have significantly increased the distance at which the crews new ship will respawn. Ships will now respawn outside of visible view of the ship that sank them. This is in response to lots of player feedback which highlighted that the previous spawn distance was resulting in “griefing” behaviour and stalemates at the forts!
- Mermaid Teleport – Pirates will now have to drop any treasure item they are carrying before being able to see the ‘Teleport back to ship’ option from the mermaid. We saw feedback that players were accidentally leaving treasure behind in the sea, so wanted to make it more clear that when you teleport you leave your treasure behind!
- [PC Only] Players should no longer experience the 0x80070005 error or get stuck at 99% during installation.
- Players are no longer able to fall through the ship geometry and into the sea if they are to repeatedly jump on the chests/barrel located mid deck
- The voyage image on the captain’s table now displays the rank (promotion) banner in the top right corner, to keep in line with other areas of the game UI.
- When accepting a game invitation whilst matchmaking, the game no longer enters a temporary unresponsive state.
- Bounty Captains will no longer spawn multiple times.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes.
Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.