Sony Confirms Suspend/Resume In PS4 FW Update 2.50, Full list of Features Inside
The rumors were true.
After weeks of speculation and leaks, Sony has finally confirmed firmware update 2.50 for the PlayStation 4, and, as suspected, this one will be a big one, bringing loads of long promised and/or requested features to the system. Almost all of the leaks turned out to be true: the only major feature that is missing from this list is the support for external hard drives on any level.
So, yeah… that looks like a pretty major update. We still don’t have an official release date yet, but stay tuned and we will keep you posted. The full list of features that this update will be bringing is:
- Suspend/Resume, which Sony promises will be supported by ‘most PS4 games’
- Sub-account to Master account Upgrade
- Facebook Friend Search
- Remote Play & Share Play at 60 fps: For games that support 60 fps, the ability to customize the frame rate of Remote Play and Share Play will be added.
- Accessibility Options: The update introduces a wide variety of options to make their PS4 entertainment experience even more accessible. Options include text to speech, enlarged text, bolder fonts, higher contrast UI, zoom for displayed pictures, invert colors on screen and more. Users will also be able to reassign buttons for DualShock 4, making it easier for users with limited manual dexterity or limited reach and strength to play.
- Trophy Improvements: A screenshot will automatically be captured at the moment a Trophy is earned, making it easier than ever for you to share your greatest gaming moments with your friends. We’re also adding more sorting options along with the new ability to remove games from the Trophy list that have 0% completion.
- Share Video Clips to Dailymotion: When sharing standout PS4 moments via the Share button on DualShock 4, this update will allow players to upload directly to Dailymotion.