Ahead of Chill Season 2022 in Splatoon 3, Nintendo has announced that update version 2.0.0 goes live today. Content in the new season goes live tomorrow at 4 PM PST and includes new modes, a new catalog, two new Battle Stages, and much more.
The new catalog brings gear, titles, decorations, stickers, emotes and Splashtags. Store product lineups will receive about 50 new items, further adding to the customization. As for the two new stages, Brinewater Springs is brand new, while Flounder Heights is from the first Splatoon. Salmon Run players can also look forward to the new Marooner’s Bay stage.
In addition, three new main weapons, and ten new sets of main weapons, along with sub and special weapons from previous games, are also coming. Tableturf Battle is getting 13 new cards, while one of the new modes, X-Battles, sees players of S+0 rank competing for X Power. Check out some of the patch notes below and full notes here.
Ver. 2.0.0 Patch Notes
Added Features, Feature Improvements, and Adjustments
Season and Catalog Changes
On November 30th, 2022 at 4:00 PM PST, data relating to the Chill Season 2022 will be added to the game. This includes:
- A new catalog, and with it the new gear, titles, Splashtags, decorations, stickers, and emotes included therein.
- About 50 new items added to store product lineups.
- Two new battle stages: Brinewater Springs and Flounder Heights.
- A new Salmon Run stage: Marooner’s Bay.
- Three new main-weapon types.
- Ten new sets of existing main weapons paired with different sub and special weapons.
- Thirteen new Tableturf Battle cards.
- The ability to look at the content of your catalog has been added.
- Players can check their catalogs by opening the main menu with the X Button, going to the Status tab, and selecting Catalog.
Changes to Multiplayer
Main Weapon Change Details
- The size of terrain area inked by falling spray has been increased.
The number of spray droplets generated when firing a distantly aimed shot has been increased.
- The width of the ink launched by horizontal slashes has been increased by about 27%.
The size of terrain area inked by falling spray has been increased, and it is easier to connect ink in an uninterrupted straight line.
Sub-Weapon Change Details
- Initial velocity is about 20% faster, and flight range has been extended.
Special Weapon Change Details
- Ink consumption when using a main weapon while the Zipcaster is active has been decreased to about 67% of previous.
- Damage of the return shot has been increased from 120.0 to 220.0.
- This change is intended to increase the damage done to Big Bubbler and Rainmaker shields and to
- allow players to defeat opponents armored due to Squid Roll or Squid Surge.
- Damage from the rush attack and from being caught up in the explosion at short range has been increased from 180.0 to 220.0.
- This change is intended to increase the damage done to Big Bubbler and Rainmaker shields and to allow players to defeat opponents armored due to Squid Roll or Squid Surge.
- After launch is confirmed, the special gauge will now slowly decrease, and the special gauge will not be able to begin charging again until the gauge has completely drained from the previous use.