Spyro Reignited Trilogy has rightly received a ton of praise and success since its launch, being the fully featured and lovingly developed remake of three classic platformers that it is- but for all its strengths, one of its most baffling (and very basic) omissions was the lack of subtitles in cutscenes, a fact that Activision didn’t seem all too concerned about a few months ago.
It seems they’ve reconsidered their position, with the new patch for the remake collection finally bringing subtitles to it, in all the languages that it supports. In addition to subtitles support, a toggle for turning motion blur on or off has also been added. Fixes for some bugs are also part of the patch, including progression and completion bugs impacting Wizard Peak, Hurricos, Fracture Hills, Lost Fleet, Fireworks Factory, and Charmed Ridge, as well as fixed camera bugs in Sgt. Byrd’s Base and Dino Mines.
You can check out the full patch notes below. Spyro Reignited Trilogy is currently available on PS4 and Xbox One.
- Added subtitles in all languages (across all three games) for previously unsupported cinematics, including:
- Character headers to identify active speakers
- Succinct line splits for readability
- Colored text for improved character association in most languages
- Subtitle on/off toggle added under the Options menu
- Added an option to toggle motion blur on/off under the Options → Camera menu
- Fixed progression and completion bugs impacting Wizard Peak, Hurricos, Fracture Hills, Lost Fleet, Fireworks Factory, and Charmed Ridge
- Fixed camera bugs in Sgt. Byrd’s Base and Dino Mines
- Stability improvement fix in Spider Town
- Additional misc. bug-fixes and improvements impacting Glimmer and Ripto’s Arena
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)