A new update is available for Team Ninja’s Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin, offering some fixes and additional features. For Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5 and PC players, the update adjusts anti-aliasing algorithms in order to reduce “jaggies.” These same adjustments will be coming to the Xbox One version later.
Fortunately, all platforms have access to the new Battle Simulator side mission. Navigating to the “???” location in Cornelia allows one to test our different Jobs, equipment and abilities. If you’re looking for ways to experiment with a set-up, then it may be worth checking out.
Other noteworthy features include the option to hide ally effects in case things get too busy. A “Confirm Equipment Optimization” option has also been added to the System Settings. Upon using “Optimize Equipment”, a confirmation screen will now pop up, asking if you’re sure. You can also choose to optimize equipment for “Ally Battle Sets Only”, removing some micromanagement.
Check out the full patch notes below. For more details on Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin, check out our review here.
Version 1.04 Update Information
Applicable to PlayStation 5 / PlayStation 4 / Xbox Series X|S / Epic Games Store
- Anti-aliasing algorithms have been adjusted to mitigate the occurrance of “jaggies.”
*Similar adjustments for Xbox One to be implemented at a later date.
Applicable to All Platforms
- The side mission “Battle Simulator” has been added to the “???” location in the south of Cornelia. This side mission can be used to try out jobs, equipment, and abilities you have obtained.
- A feature to adjust the display of ally effects has been added to System Settings. This setting can be used to hide certain visual effects of allies.
- A “Confirm Equipment Optimization” category has been added to System Settings. This setting can be used to enable a confirmation screen before implementing the set determined by Optimize Equipment.
- An “Ally Battle Sets Only” category has been added to Optimize Equipment in System Settings.
- The amount of anima crystals that can be acquired in CHAOS difficulty missions has been adjusted.
- The inventory limit for crafting materials, anima shards, and anima crystals has been revised to 9,999.
- Follow-up attacks after using soul shield are now directed at the lock-on target.
- Models for hair and fur associated with important characters have been revised to improve performance.
- Cubes have been added to the following side missions:
– Ebon Memories: The Tragic Cynic
– Ebon Memories: The Truthseeker
– Ebon Memories: The Yearner
– Ebon Memories: The Power-Hungry
– Ebon Memories: The Guided
- Visibility has been improved within the “???” field location north of the Chaos Shrine.
- When entering a room during multiplayer and the mission could not be joined due to reasons such as the host being engaged in a boss battle, the mission can now be joined automatically after finishing preparations.
- Other various bug fixes.