Following underwhelming reviews, The Callisto Protocol could sell about two million units this year instead of the previously projected five million. Nevertheless, support continues, and Striking Distance Studios has a new update available. It adds New Game Plus and various fixes.
All weapons, upgrades and Callisto Credits carry over into a new playthrough on New Game Plus, but you need to reach the first Reforge to access them. The update also features general optimization for performance on all platforms while fixing issues where some camera angles and progression paths could cause Jacob to fall through the ground.
A consistency pass on cabinets, lockers and shelves has also been done, so they’ll now display properly in High Contrast Mode. Check out the full patch notes below. Though not listed, the developer confirmed on Twitter that a bug with the Maximum Security Achievement/Trophy (which seemingly prevented it from unlocking) is fixed. Stay tuned for more details on other updates in the coming months.
[v. 3.01] January 19, 2023
- Users who previously completed the game will have access to New Game+ after the patch.
- Application restart may be required.
- Requires an active save file from game completion.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not correctly granted the “The Protocol is About Life” achievement
- Added New Game Plus. Complete the game to unlock New Game Plus and carry your progression over to a new save. All weapons, upgrades, and Callisto Credits can be collected at the first Reforge
- General performance optimizations across all platforms
- Players no longer take damage when vaulting over obstacles
- Fixed multiple issues where certain camera angles or progression paths could cause environments to stream out and allow Jacob to fall through the ground
- Consistency pass on cabinets, lockers, and shelves to display correctly in High Contrast mode
- Voice leveling and subtitle mismatch adjustments across localized languages
- Fixed low frequency crash in the Tunnels level during the Two Head fight
- Skip Cinematics button has been mapped to the Interact/Pickup input
- Fixed a long hitch when enabling Ray-Traced Shadows in the main menu
- Prevented mouse cursor from displaying during some area transitions
- Fixed low frequency crash in Snowcat when Jacob is talking to Dani
A new update is available for all platforms, which includes New Game+. Based on your feedback, we also fixed the Maximum Security Achievement/Trophy bug and posted a full list of all the fixes and changes we've made since launch here: https://t.co/pabAnvc7uJ pic.twitter.com/SWFFcihOkH
— The Callisto Protocol (@CallistoTheGame) January 20, 2023