The Last of Us Part 1 has endured a terrible launch on PC, but Naughty Dog has been working behind the scenes to try and bring the game up to its expected level of quality. A couple of hotfixes have already been pushed out for the game so far in order to address some of its most prominent issues, and another new one has now gone live.
The new hotfix focuses primarily on issues with the game’s UI, including when using Xbox controllers, while various crashing issues have also been addressed. You can check out the full patch notes below.
That said, taking to Twitter, Naughty Dog also confirmed that though the developer initially planned on also including a fix for issues related to the camera when playing with keyboard and mouse controls, that ended up causing “unexpected issues”, which means the fix has now been pushed further back until “a later patch”.
Meanwhile, Naughty Dog has also reiterated that a new patch will be arriving for the troubled PC port on Friday, while “eventual Steam Deck verification” is also being worked on, even if it’s not currently a priority.
The Last of Us Part 1 is available on PC and PS5. You can read our review of the PC port through here.
Our team is continuing to work toward future improvements and patches, including eventual Steam Deck verification. We will keep you updated on future patch plans, including this week's patch on Friday.
— Naughty Dog (@Naughty_Dog) April 4, 2023
- Fixed an issue which could cause the Xbox controller stick inputs to erroneously read as zeros for brief periods of time
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Reset to Default’ function in the Graphics menu under Settings could make improper selections
- Fixed an issue where the HUD performance monitors could impact performance when enabled
- Fixed an issue where a crash could occur when using [ALT+ENTER] to toggle between Fullscreen and Windowed modes
- Fixed an issue where a memory crash could occur during the transition from the end of the game into the credits sequence
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash while the game launched
- Added additional crash report logs to provide further insight for developers