Along with its financial results for the quarter, Nintendo also updated its lifetime sales numbers for a number of Switch exclusives. The star of this selection is undoubtedly The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening. It released on September 20th and has sold 3.13 million copies as of September 30th.
That’s no small feat but then again, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening is a very good game (check out our review here). Among the other new titles was Super Mario Maker 2 which released in June 2019 and has sold 3.93 million copies till date. However, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is still the best-selling Switch title ever though with 19.01 million units sold in its lifetime.
This is followed by Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at 15.71 million and Super Mario Odyssey at 15.38 million. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which launched with the console in March 2017, sits at 14.54 million units sold. You can check out the top ten best-selling Switch titles below. Stay tuned for other major Switch releases before the fiscal year is up, like Luigi’s Mansion 3 which launches today.
Top Selling Switch Titles (as of September 30th 2019)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 19.01 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 15.71 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 15.38 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 14.54 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 11.28 million
- Splatoon 2 – 9.28 million
- Super Mario Party – 7.59 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 4.59 million
- Super Mario Maker 2 – 3.93 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening – 3.13 million