Sumo Digital and Gun Interactive have a new patch for The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, which should be live for all platforms now. It fixes graphical issues like stuttering when playing on a PC in Ultra settings. Frame rate drops, which occur when attacking or grappling opponents, should also be fixed. PC players can also finally rebind their keys, but crossplay is disabled while improvements are made to anti-cheat.
An issue causing voice chat not to work in lobbies for party members is also fixed. Bugs causing inaccurate XP and delays in earning the same, in addition to the UI showing rank-ups after each match despite not having the requisite XP, have also been fixed. A crash on PS4 that occurred when unlocking Trophies and another that high-level players faced in the match results are also fixed.
Check out the full patch notes below. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is available for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5 and PC. The online horror title had a good start, crossing one million players in its first 24 hours. You can read our review to learn more about our thoughts.
PC stuttering on Ultra graphics settings
- This fix resolves graphical issues when running the game on Ultra settings with appropriate hardware.
- This also fixes an issue causing FPS drops when attacking or grappling with opponents while running the game on Ultra settings with appropriate hardware.
- Voice chat not working in lobbies for party members
- This fix is for an issue where party members would lose voice chat functionality once in a lobby.
- This fix resolves a UI issue that would appear to rank up after every match, despite not gaining the required XP to do so.
- This fix also resolves inaccurate XP and XP delays related to earning XP.
Various Crashes and Freezes
- This includes a PS4 crash related to unlocking trophies.
- This also includes a fix for high level players experiencing a crash on the match results screen.
- We’ve added key rebinding to the PC version of the game.
- Lobbies will now launch with 6 players
- This change should help lobbies get running smoother, quicker, and with less drops due to incomplete lobbies.
- Leatherface is STILL required for a match.
Quick Match Menu
- We’ve moved Quick Match to the top of the menu options when looking to join games.
- Quick Match will result in not only quicker matchmaking into a lobby, but also fuller lobbies.
PC Removed from Cross Play
- We are temporarily separating PC from the console player base in cross play while we continue to improve our anti-cheat tools and resources.
EAC and Anti Cheat Improvements
- We have made several improvements to our anti-cheat and protection from additional cheat resources.
- We’ve also improved our tracking and logging for cheat detection and consistent future improvement.