Vampire Survivors’ mix of bullet hell action and roguelite gameplay has been something of a surprise hit, and developer poncle is looking to keep the game’s momentum going with a new update. This new update adds in six new achievements to unlock for a new hard Challenge Stage, a new character with one new weapon, another rank for reroll and skip power-ups, and two new Arcanas for players to unlock.
Apart from the above, bug fixes such as Phieraggi getting affected by Arcana V – Chaos in the Dark Night have also been implemented, along with the addition of a new backup system to save data. There are also a few tweaks here and there, such as an option to pick a random first Arcana, reduced long term gains of Gatti’s attack power when stealing a chicken, and more .
You can get the details on all the changes, tweaks, and additions Vampire Survivors has made with patch 0.5.1 in the patch notes below.
Vampire Survivors Patch 0.5.1
Contains 6 new achievements to unlock:
- 1 new, hard Challenge Stage
- 1 new Character and 1 new Weapon
- 1 more rank for Reroll and Skip powerups
- 2 new Arcanas
- Added a toggle in Stage Selection to disable Arcanas. Disabling them also disables the extra minibosses at 11:00 and 21:00.
- Added the option to pick a random first Arcana.
- Reduced long term gains of Gatti’s attack power when stealing chicken.
- Halved projectile explosion damage from Arcana XIX – Heart Of Fire.
- Reduced cost of Reroll, Skip, and Banish.
- Tentative fix to chicken/coinbag choice presenting itself when there are still items that can be leveled up
- Phieraggi is now affected by Arcana V – Chaos in the Dark Night.
- Added an extra backup system for save data in %appdata%/Vampire_Survivors/saves/backups. These backups will not sync with Steam Cloud, so you can restore them manually if needed.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)