The viral hit Vampire Survivors, which combines action rogue-like runs with bullet hell-like enemy waves, has received a new update. This adds a major new gameplay feature in Arcanas along with another level of Banish, a new weapon and the Inlaid Library Coffin. There are also four (possibly more) new Achievements to earn.
The biggest new feature is Arcanas. Once you’ve unlocked them, they’ll be available to use from the beginning of a new run. Others can be randomly drafted from Treasure Chests that drop from bosses that spawn at the 11 minute and 21 minute mark. It’s possibly to carry three Arcana at any given time.
How these change up one’s run remains to be seen but developer poncle revealed that the mechanics have been “largely untested” due to ” the large amount of interactions it could have.” As a result, there could “major changes” in subsequent patches. They also asked players to focus more on having fun as opposed to fighting over what’s better or worse.
Vampire Survivors is currently available for PC via Steam Early Access. It costs only $3 and is currently discounted by 10 percent until April 15th.
- Contains 4 (?) new achievements:
- 1 new relic/major gameplay feature (Arcana)
- 1 more level of Banish
- 1 new weapon
- Inlaid Library Coffin
- Minor changes to spawn waves
- Changed base drop rate of some Treasure Chests from 80% to 100%
- Reduced Cooldown of Carréllo
- Each rank in “Skip” now gives 2 skips instead of 1
- Specified Clock Speed in Stage Selection
- Removed special BGM from weapons (it stays on special characters only)
- Game data will now be saved when backing out of selection menus
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)