Koei Tecmo’s WILD HEARTS has received its first major post-launch patch on PC, addressing performance issues and other bugs. Those with high-end CPUs should see some improvements, with an issue unintentionally capping their performance now being fixed.
An issue that caused sounds to stack due to some sounds not playing or being delayed, which resulted in CPU strain, has also been fixed. As such, players no longer need to switch the audio output to see performance improvements. First-time users will also start the game in 1080p resolution with a 16:9 aspect ratio as the default setting, though it can be changed in-game.
Other fixes for issues like rendering on an AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX (resulting in disco lights) and on the save/load screen, which could corrupt data, have also been deployed. The audio and save/load fixes are planned for Xbox Series X/S and PS5 next week, with a specific date coming later.
For more details on WILD HEARTS, check out our review here and stay tuned for more updates. You can also check out the full patch notes below.
WILD HEARTS Patch – Tuesday, February 21, 2023 – Addressing PC Issues, More Fixes Incoming
- Fixed an issue where certain high-end CPUs were being unintentionally capped. High-end PC’s should see some performance improvements now.
- Fixed an issue where some sounds were not playing or were being delayed, causing the audio to stack. This ‘audio stacking’ issue was also causing strain on players’ CPU. As a result of this fix, players should see performance improvements across the board. The workaround using 5.1/7.1 audio is no longer necessary on PC.
- Setting default resolution to 16:9 1080p on first boot. The recommended spec for WILD HEARTS is aligned to a 16:9 1080p display, for first time users this will now be the default setting. You can change this setting to the resolution of your choice in-game.
- Fixed render issue (disco lights) when using an AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX.
- Fixed an issue on the save/load screen that could result in corrupted save data.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)