Famitsu has released its latest weekly charts for hardware and physical software sales in Japan, with a number of new releases managing to break into the top 10- though Hogwarts Legacy, which topped last week’s charts, is still in pole position, with over 36,000 units sold in Japan in its second week.
WILD HEARTS launched last week as well, though it has seen a fairly tepid debut in Japan, especially considering the fact that it has been positioned as a competitor to Monster Hunter, a series that typically performs very well in the region. It takes the No. 2 spot in the software charts with over 26,000 units sold.
Meanwhile, Tales of Symphonia Remastered also debuts in the top 10, with its Nintendo Switch (No. 4) and PS4 (No. 8) versions selling over 21,000 units and over 7,000 units respectively. Collectively, both versions sold over 29,000 units, which would put it above WILD HEARTS in the charts. Square Enix’s new release, Theatrhythm Final Bar Line, debuts in sixth place with over 11,000 units sold.
On the hardware front, the PS5 is continuing to enjoy impressive sales in Japan, topping proceedings for the fourth week running with over 88,000 units sold. It’s followed by the Switch as a distant second, with the Nintendo platform selling over 48,000 units.
You can check out the full hardware and physical software sales charts for the week ending February 19 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [PS5] Hogwarts Legacy – 36,958 (104,154)
- [PS5] WILD HEARTS – 26,905 (New)
- [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet and Violet – 23,593 (4,860,103)
- [NSW] Tales of Symphonia Remastered – 21,860 (New)
- [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 12,958 (3,889,142)
- [NSW] Theatrhythm Final Bar Line – 11,565 (New)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 9,227 (5,163,206)
- [PS4] Tales of Symphonia Remastered – 7,503 (New)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 6,573 (3,046,881)
- [NSW] Nintendo Switch Sports – 5,773 (1,007,103)
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales):
- PS5 – 88,833 (93,574)
- Nintendo Switch – 48,896 (55,025)
- Xbox Series X/S – 6,600 (3,935)
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)