Windows 10 Now Used By 45% Of Steam Users

Looks like Microsoft's newest OS is unequivocally a hit.

Posted By | On 04th, Jul. 2016

Windows 10

Looks like Microsoft’s aggressive moves to drive adoption of Windows 10 – including making their newest OS free to upgrade to, as well as some questionable methods to passively update people’s computers – have paid off, because less than a year after it launched, Windows 10 is now already being used by almost half of Steam’s massive userbase.

According to the latest statistics revealed by the company, almost 45% of all PC gamers are now using Windows 10- this makes it the most used OS on Valve’s service by any metric, and it also indicates that by and large, PC gamers are upgrading to Microsoft’s new offering en masse. Windows as a whole has 96% of all PC gamers, while the remaining 4% of them are divided between Mac OS X and Linux.

On the whole, this should be great news for Microsoft, especially since their own UWP, Windows Store, Xbox Anywhere, and PC gaming efforts are all tied intrinsically to Windows 10- more people on Windows 10 means more of a base to market these efforts to.


Amazing Articles You Might Want To Check Out!



Share Your Thoughts Below  (Always follow our comments policy!)



Keep On Reading!

Dying Light 2 Stay Human Gets Over 15 Minutes Of Gameplay Footage

Dying Light 2 Stay Human Gets Over 15 Minutes Of Gameplay Footage

Get a long look at a mission with a lot going on in the upcoming post-apocalyptic action title.

Terminator: Resistance Enhanced’s Annihilation Line DLC Gets New Trailer

Terminator: Resistance Enhanced’s Annihilation Line DLC Gets New Trailer

Get an extended look at the upcoming DLC where you will play alongside series protagonist Kyle Reese.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Are Still on Top of Weekly Japanese Sales Charts

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Are Still on Top of Weekly Japanese Sales Charts

The duo of remakes sold over 355,000 units in Japan last week, which means they're continuing to outpace the s...

Battlefield is Expanding with a Multi-Studio Development Model

Battlefield is Expanding with a Multi-Studio Development Model

DICE, Ripple Effect Studios, and Halo co-creator Marcus Lehto's new studio in Seattle will be focused on devel...

The Ascent Seems to be Headed to PS5 and PS4

The Ascent Seems to be Headed to PS5 and PS4

Neon Giant's top-down cyberpunk action RPG The Ascent launched for Xbox and PC earlier this year, and was rece...

The Ascent – Patch 5 Adds Transmog, New Cosmetics, and More

The Ascent – Patch 5 Adds Transmog, New Cosmetics, and More

You can now visit the Stylist in each of the game's three safe zones, who will allow you to transmog any and a...