World of Final Fantasy is a brand new Final Fantasy spin off from Square Enix coming for PS4 and PS Vita later this year. The game was announced at E3 last year, and it looks like an adorable new game with a classic aesthetic, following in the footsteps of Nintendo’s own hit Pokemon series.
Today, the game’s website received an update; this new information was translated by Gematsu, and it reveals some rather interesting facts on the whole:
- You can have network and online battles in the Arena
- The ‘Mirages’ you capture all have specific requirements- for instance, you need to use a Specific Item before you can catch one of them
- Once the Mirage is captured, you are free to rename it
- A Mirage can be grown by using the Mirage Board. Various boxes are lined up representing said upgrades are lined up across the Mirage Board for each Mirage. Each costs Skill Points to unlock. Skill Points are received for leveling up your Mirages. Think of it a bit like the Sphere Grid system in Final Fantasy 10
- There is a system similar to Pokemon evolution in place- your Mirages can transform into more powerful forms (and also transform back) using the Mirage Board.
It sounds like this will be a compelling Pokemon clone, especially for PlayStation owners, who don’t get a whole lot of those anymore. It should be a fun game when it launches later this year on PS4 and PS Vita.