WWE 2K20 may be a very familiar game for all intents and purposes, but it seems like it could signal the beginning of a different era in the wrestling based simulator series. This year’s entry will drop longtime developer Yuke’s. Whether or not that will translate to a new engine or new game systems down the line remains to be seen, but there’s undoubtedly going to be some changes. But not everything needs an overhaul, after all, and one such thing is Universe Mode. It’s been one of the more popular modes that’s come from the recent entries in the series, and today we got the details on what tweaks it will have.
The returning Universe Mode will be a familiar one, but with a very things added. Things like addition cutscenes, promo lines and custom matches will be there, as well as upping the amount of rivalries and title matches you can have for major shows. You can check out a list of all the changes below or check them out at 2K’s website through here.
WWE 2K20 will release October 22nd. For details on the new alterations to MyPlayer, we got you covered through here.
- Major and minor show match limits have increased from 7 to 9.
- Pay-Per-View match limits have doubled from 7 to 14.
- The number of championship titles per major show has increased from 6 to 7.
- Simultaneous rivalries on major shows have increased from 3 to 4.
- Pay-Per-Views can be co-hosted by up to 3 major shows versus the previous 2.
- Players have more freedom to delete and add promos and matches.
- 50 of the most-used cutscenes have been reshot with female mocap actors to look more authentic when female Superstars are used.
- 25 new cutscenes have been added.
- 3,040 new promo lines are in the game.
- Custom Matches can now be included in Match Tables, along with new Mixed Tag Matches.
- New Championship Match setting in Match Tables can be used to make certain matches a title match.
- Main Event matches in Match Tables have been tweaked so that those match types are more likely to occur on the show (Example: Royal Rumble match at the Royal Rumble Pay-Per-View).
- New rivalry content includes options such as low-intensity enemies making peace after a single Pay-Per-View or low to mid-intensity allies slowly falling out over several weeks instead of a sudden turn.
- The overall menu flow has been streamlined to make it more accessible to those new to Universe Mode. All deeper options are still available for experienced players