Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Torna- The Golden Country Get New Updates
Quite a few changes made to Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna- The Golden Country with this update.
Monolith Soft has released new updates for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna- The Golden Country, the stand-alone expansion for the former. The update for Xenoblade 2 is fairly minor, and doesn’t really add or change much; Torna, on the other hand, gets a pretty hefty number of changes.
Among the changes added to Torna are issues fixed with the Affinity Chart, issues fixed with the Community Chart requirements, and a whole host of bugs and glitches squashed in quest progression and battle mechanics. As always, you can check out the full patch notes for yourself below for both games.
Thankfully, unlike with Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which launched with a fair host of errors and omissions at launch, which were then patched up over the ensuing year with a series of patches, Torna launched relatively polished, so we don’t have to wait for major updates for its issues to be addressed.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Torna- The Golden Country are available now for Nintendo Switch. If you haven’t yet picked up Torna, maybe our review for it will convince you to make the jump.
- Issues Fixed
- Fixed an issue with the rare blade Dagas, causing the driver he is bonded with to change mistakenly.
- Downloading the update will not reset to the original bonded driver.We apologize for the inconvenience, but please use features such as Overdrive to change bonded drivers.
- Fixed an issue causing Rex’s outfit to not appear correctly during the ending scenes of the game.
- Issues Fixed in the Expansion Pass and Torna – The Golden Country
- Fixed an issue with the Affinity Chart, in which completing it did not cause Trust to become S rank, and the completion reward item was subsequently not earned.
- After downloading the update, checking the Affinity Chart again will cause Trust to increase to S rank and give the player the completion reward item.
- Fixed an issue with the third requirement to “Meet characters from the Community List” for receiving Jin’s Affinity Reward, “Mineralogy.” This issue prevented characters that had been met in event scenes or cut scenes to not be counted as “met” unless the player talked to them outside those scenes.
- This applied to the characters Popolo, Onyx, Kaleena, and Leo.
- After downloading the update, if you have already viewed the necessary event or cut scenes, these characters will automatically be counted as “met.”
- Added a help message to the quest “A Rare Sense of Justice” that will appear when conditions to advance the quest have not been met.
- Fixed an issue when performing a Chain Attack that temporarily prevented character selection after a “round” of attacks had been completed.
- Fixed an issue causing a character switch to take too long when selecting Brighid for a Chain Attack after she had used her Confining Flames ability.