Monolith Soft’s Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition was the high-profile exclusive for the Nintendo Switch last week. Along with topping charts in the UK, selling over twice as much as the original Wii version, it also debuted strong in Japan. Estimated sales according to Famitsu from May 25th to May 31st 2020 were at 90,789 units.
However, it only managed to hit second place in the charts. Animal Crossing: New Horizons is still on top with 102,479 units sold in the past week. This puts its lifetime sales at 4,695,419 units. Another big new releases include The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki on PS4 with 12,407 units sold.
The full top ten software sales (along with lifetime sales) can be seen below. As for estimated hardware sales, the Nintendo Switch sold over 73,000 units in the past week while the Switch Lite averaged over 34,000 units. The PS4 was in a distant third with 3,264 units sold and the PS4 Pro only selling 2,603 units.
- [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo, 03/20/20) – 102,749 (4,685,419)
- [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (Nintendo, 05/29/20) – 90,789 (New)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo, 10/18/19) – 39,518 (956,559)
- [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki (Falcom, 05/28/20) – 12,407 (New)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 10,415 (2,965,844)
- [NSW] Splatoon 2 (Bundle Version Included) (Nintendo, 07/21/17) – 10,041 (3,437,424)
- [NSW] Uta no Prince-sama: Amazing Aria & Sweet Serenade LOVE for Nintendo Switch (Broccoli, 05/28/20) – 9,216 (New)
- [PS4] Bayonetta & Vanquish 10th Anniversary Bundle (Sega, 05/28/20) – 7,397 (New)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo, 12/07/18) – 7,262 (3,711,072)
- [NSW] Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Bundle Version Included) (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 6,714 (1,399,850)