Mercury Steam Producer Reveals Top 10 Secrets About Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Including one involving Hideo Kojima. But you already knew that, right?
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 has been a long time coming. Following the original, which explored Dracula’s origins, it will be releasing next year and concluding the saga. However, Mercury Steam producer Dave Cox has revealed ten very interesting secrets about the game. How interesting? Well, according to Cox:
1. The design of Gabriel’s costume in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was based on the cover of the NES game “Simon’s Quest”.
2. We considered various actors for the role of Dracula including Gerard Butler and Jonathan Rhys Meyers, both of whom have played Dracula.
3. Mercury Engine 2 was designed for next gen systems and was built from scratch.
4. Almost every single enemy and character has appeared in previous Castlevania games.
5. The work of Guillermo Del Toro has been a big inﬂuence on the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow series.
6. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 uses a combination of orchestral and electronic music. This was done to highlight the past and present aspects of the game.
7. Zobek is an amalgamation of the Dark Priest Shaf and Death from earlier Castlevania games.
8. In Dracula Curse for the NES, if players completed the game as Trevor Belmont, during the end cut scene Trevor married Sypha Belnades. In Mirror of Fate Trevor is married to Sypha Belnades.
9. Hideo Kojima played the character of Chupacabras in the Japanese version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.
10. Hoko Kuwashima, Carmilla’s Japanese voice actress, also voiced Shanoa in Order of Ecclesia.
What doesn’t surprise us is that Hideo Kojima decided to stick himself somewhere in the series and not call attention to it. As for Mercury Engine 2 being built for next-gen consoles, does that mean a PS4 or Xbox One release for Lords of Shadow 2 in the future? We’ll find out later but Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is currently slated to release for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC in the US on February 25th 2014.