The Witcher 3 Modkit Update Allows Modders To Upgrade Game’s Textures
Plus a whole host of other updates.
CD Projekt RED is heavily pushing the Witcher 3 mod scene, no doubt in hopes that it will take off just like Skyrim’s modding scene did back in 2012, when modding tools for it were released. They’re doing their best to keep their modkit updated, responding to feedback, and providing modders with a highly flexible and powerful set of tools.
The newest update for these tools will let modders add new textures to the game- which is the first step towards getting the kinds of crazy, all encompassing mods that Skyrim eventually got. The update does a whole lot more things. The full list of changes for it is below:
- Fixed a bug causing wcc_lite to fail when uncooking the game
- Added the ability to mod textures from the textures array
- Added a warning information when wcc_lite failed due too long file path
- Cleaned up wcc_lite output log
- Fixed a bug when some normal maps and speculars were imported incorrectly. Now imported textures which name ends with “_n” and “_s” will be assigned to proper categories
- It is now possible to add new textures using mods
- Serval fixes and minor improvements to Script Studio
We don’t yet know when the update will be out, but we will keep you posted.